In this week’s episode, Bonnie is joined by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Wilson. Jessica is a clinical dietitian, consultant and author, whose experiences navigating the dietetic fields as a Black, queer dietitian have been featured on public radio shows and in print media, including the New York Times, Bustle, and Cronkite News.
In today’s episode Bonnie & Jessica will discuss:
- How dismantling diet culture isn’t enough; we need fat liberation
- Use of the word fat & why there is a reclaiming of it
- Where the body positive movement falls short
- Benefits of moving towards fat liberation
- Risks of not moving towards fat liberation
- What’s at the root of many weight gain fears
- and so much more!
Connect with Jessica:
Instagram accounts mentioned in podcast: