In this week’s episode, Bonnie is joined by Vinny Welsby, a world-leading expert on dismantling fatphobia and diet-culture, TEDx speaker, and best-selling author. They went from being homeless, abused with self-esteem that was achingly low into the courageous fat activist and change maker they are today. Vinny helps people fall in love with themselves and is dedicated to shifting the way society views fat bodies.
In today’s episode Bonnie & Vinny discuss:
- Unlearning internalized fatphobia
- What’s really underneath many weight loss desires
- How to use the word “fat” without it being a bad thing
- Working through weight loss desires AND wanting to have a healthy relationship with food
- Vinny’s journey from being homeless to a courageous fat activist and change maker that they are today
Connect with Vinny:
If you have you been listening to the podcast for a while & have found benefit from it, leave an honest rating & review on Apple podcasts here so the show can grow and reach more vulnerable people stuck in diet culture who need to learn their is a better way to approach food and their bodies!