In this week’s episode, Bonnie is joined by Nicola Salmon. Nicola is a fat-positive fertility coach and author of “Fat and Fertile”.
She helps fat folks navigate getting pregnant in a weight-obsessed world and advocates for change in how fat people are treated whilst accessing help with their fertility.
Nicola uses her unique fat-positive framework to support people in finding their own version of health without diets, advocate for their bodies, relearn how to trust their body, and believe in their ability to get pregnant.
They will touch on such topics as:
- Fertility and intuitive eating
- Being told you need to lose weight to get pregnant is a load of crap
- Myths about getting pregnant and your weight
- The harm in giving woman recommendations to lose weight in order to get pregnant
- What to focus on for your fertility
- Fat positive framework
- Tips to finding the right fertility doctor for you
Connect with Nicola:
Freebie: The Fat Person’s Guide to Getting Pregnant: http://www.nicolasalmon.co.uk/guide
Connect with Bonnie on Instagram: @diet.culture.rebel
Looking to take the next step in becoming a Diet Culture Rebel? Apply for Small Group Coaching at bonnieroney.com
If you want to hear more Diet Culture Rebel, be sure to subscribe and tune in for new episodes!