In this week’s episode, Bonnie is joined by Dr. Natasha Larmie aka “The Fat Doctor”. She began blogging her own weight loss journey a year ago. This is where the name “The Fat Doctor” was born as a way of removing the power the word had as an insult. Natasha is a weight-inclusive GP who is on a mission to end weight stigma in the medical profession.
They will touch on such topics as:
- Weight stigma 101
- Breaking down the definition of “FAT”
- How does your brain navigate trauma?
- Approaching HEALTH as a Doctor and weight bias in healthcare
- How to arm yourselves to navigate weight stigma?
- Concrete examples of what you can do going to your next Doctor visit
- Weight stigma is not your fault!
Connect with Dr. Natasha:
Connect with Bonnie on Instagram: @diet.culture.rebel
Looking to take the next step in becoming a Diet Culture Rebel? Apply for Small Group Coaching at bonnieroney.com
If you want to hear more Diet Culture Rebel, be sure to subscribe and tune in for new episodes!